OZARA d.o.o. is one of the providers of the Social Inclusion Programme normally selected after public tender issued by the Ministry of Labour, Family and Social Affairs. On the basis of a successful tender we were selected for providing the Social Inclusion Programme during the years from 2006 until 2010 and again from 2011 until 2014.
The Social Inclusion Programme, being carried out by units in Maribor, Murska Sobota, and Slovenj Gradec is a social programme dedicated to supporting persons with disabilities, as well as developing and maintaining their work abilities.
This programme has a very important impact on the life-qualities of unemployable people. If they are included within the programme they have an opportunity to change all aspects of their lives. As part of the work activation, they are able to develop a positive self-image and gain self-respect, strengthen their work habits, and regain the feeling of being useful within their societies. For most of the people who become part of this programme the greatest benefit is their own inclusion within a social environment in which they are able to develop and improve their social skills, widen their social network and strengthen the feeling of being part of a group, build new friendships, learn how to cooperate and communicate, accept and appreciate diversity, develop tolerance, fullfil their potentials that could never be fullfilled or expressed by staying and being isolated at home.
Who can become part of the Social Inclusion Programme?
- Persons who have been officially designated as being unemployable according to article 35 of the Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment of Persons with Disability Act issued by the Employment Service of Slovenia;
- Persons with disabilities having status within the framework of category I as granted by the provision of the Pension and Disability Insurance Institute without any rights to an invalidity pension, according to the law defining pension and invalidity insurance;
- Persons with mental and physical disabilities who have no other opportunity for inclusion by social security services.
Goals of the programme:
- maintaining, strengthening and developing work skills and habits,
- fullfilling work potentials and thus an opportunity for reassessing a person’s employability,
- maintaining a level of social inclusion in order to prevent social exclusion,
- maintaining, developing, and widening of personal networks,
- raising awareness about the importance of keeping healthy,
- providing psycho-social support and empowerment, developing and raising their social competence levels,
- help in mediating and managing social interactions within micro and macro environments.
Activities within the framework of the programme
Within the framework of the Social Inclusion Programme individuals are included within working, psycho-social, creative and free-time activities, depending entirely on their abilities, capabilities, desires, and interests.
Opportunities for the users of the programme:
- inclusion in different kinds of activities regarding work and functional occupations,
- inclusion in creative work shops, learning creative techniques,
- inclusion within self-help groups,
- inclusion within socio-therapeutic groups,
- providing individual help, supportive services for users and their relatives,
- mediation with institutions,
- elements of interceding,
- social skills training,
- improvment of functional literacy.