Project title: MENTAL EUROPEAN NETWORK of SPORT EVENTS
Funding programme: Erasmus+, Sports
Description: “MENS” Project is an Erasmus+ funded project that aims to develop strong institutional procedures for the specific contribution of sports and physical exercise to the prevention, therapy and rehabilitation of the Mentally Ill at European level. Within this scope the project main aims are:
• The development of a documented and evidence based approach of the use of sports and physical exercise in the treat of mental illness (12 Policy papers).
• The establishment of a European Mental Health Sports Network (mapping, statutes and founding Conference).
• The public awareness on the necessity of a new specific approach on the conjunction of Sport with Mental Health within an EU wide Awareness Campaign.
It brings together 17 partners from 12 European countries.
Duration: 1/1/2017- 30/6/2018
• K.S.D.E.O. “EDRA” (Coordinator), Greece
• University of Athens, Greece
• University of Kent, UK
• COOS Marche, Italy
• First Fortnight Ltd. , Ireland
• OZARA Zavod Maribor, Slovenia
• SSOJ Rijeka, Croatia
• Fundacion Intras, Spain
• Asociacijas Olimpikas, Lithuania
• Fokus Praha, Prague
• Association Nova Aurora, Portugal
• Villa Montesca, Italy
• CESIE, Italy
• Municipality of Galatsi, Greece
• Merseyside Expanding Horizons, UK
• Sporium Spor Kulubu, Turkey
• EUFAMI Network, Belgium
Results of the project:MENS_final paper